Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 54 Invitations Go Out

On Tuesday, after almost two months of observing, planning, dreaming and generally getting to know the community, I distributed invitations to participate in the youth leadership program. Marina, part time Finca Bona Fide cook, part time community center computer teacher and full time strong female role model, has taken me and my project under her wing. She helped me compile a list of young women 12 to 20 who might be interested in participating and went with me to deliver the invitations Tuesday. Now to wait and see how the informational meeting tomorrow goes. We invited 13 girls. My hope is that at least 9 show up. Of those if we can get a group of 5 to 7 girls to participate in the 10 week program I will be a very happy women. So everyone wish me luck on tomorrow's meeting and here's hoping someone shows up!  


The invitations ready to be delivered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment